Monday, December 20, 2010

Ghostland Observatory 12 December 10



Wow.  Wow.  I was expecting a mind numbing DJ set.  Wow.

Considering 80 percent of those in attendance were sporting glow-stick accessories.  Necklace, bracelet, earrings, glasses.  One girl had lights under her skirt.  The opener, who shall remain nameless, mainly because I was so bored I can't be bothered to remember his name, was a dull DJ.

Because of my lack of interest in electronic music, I've never witnessed a laser show.  So I can't compare this to anything.  But I think it's fair to say that their laser show is a force to be reckoned with.  It was like watching TRON sometimes.  And other times, you were just sure that if you jumped, just a smidge too high, you would be  eradicated by the beams.

There is a vocalist, with shrill tones, reminding me of Ima Robot.  He sometimes picks up the guitar.  His cohort, wearing a large red, white, and blue cape stood behind a drum kit and was surrounded by a number of keyed boxes and synthesizers.

Very entertaining.  Only improvements would be, a proper opener and a proper audience.